Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hungarian GP: Driver Preview Quotes - McLaren


Preview Quotes - McLaren

Jenson Button - “As you know, this has been a special place for me for some time. I won my first Grand Prix here back in 2006 - it was one of those days when everything seemed to go my way - and I won my 200th Grand Prix here. That was an emotional day - and it was back in 2011 - I can’t believe it was nearly 60 races ago. The Hungaroring is a great track. Everybody thinks of it as a slow circuit, but, out the back, it’s got some pretty decent corners - Turn Four requires some serious commitment, and it’s made harder because it has a blind apex. Equally, the sequence of S-bends that make up Turns Eight to 11 are really satisfying to drive. Nonetheless, it’s still a circuit where you require lots of downforce and grip, and I think we are making positive steps in that direction.”

Kevin Magnussen - “I really like the Hungaroring. It isn't a fast circuit but, a bit like Monaco, it's a track on which a driver can really make a difference. I raced there last year in World Series by Renault 3.5 - and, although I didn't win either of the two races we had that weekend, I really enjoyed the first of them in particular.  Qualifying had been messed up for many of the drivers, owing to torrential rain, and I ended up 16th on the grid. From there I got it all hooked up really well on race day, which was also extremely wet, and I overtook a load of cars as I worked my way up to second place at the end. It was great! I think we’ve shown recently that our car performs slightly better on tracks with a combination of low- and mid-speed corners, so I think this weekend will hopefully offer us another opportunity to score some useful world championship points. After a couple of frustrating races, I’m hoping for a weekend where everything comes together.”

Article Posted By: Amy Hawk
Quotes made by Drivers
No copyright infringement intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment