Monday, July 6, 2015

Feature: Star Drivers Of The British GP



Amy Hawk (Lead Writer & Editor) - "My driver of the weekend is Fernando Alonso. Not only was he finally able to get a point  but he fought so hard during the whole race, battling back from car damage due to the accident at the beginning and also battling with Ericsson towards the end of the race. It's really great to see McLaren doing better & also a great end to the race for Alonso after the accident in Austria with Raikkonen. It may be just 1 point, but there's so much more to come from the team. I'm sure of it."


Frances Fry (Assistant Writer) - "I spent most of Sunday afternoon arguing with myself over this and only now have I reached my answer which now seems the obvious choice. Between the several drivers I was considering, Felipe Massa has come out on top! I seem to be choosing Felipe a lot this season. Well, more than others.

I think the first thing that caught my attention with Felipe was his incredible start. I mean, both Williams did a great job but Felipe! He was well away from the start line. It was like he was flying! I've been watching Formula 1 for my whole life and I can honestly say, I cannot recall ever seeing a start like that! It was simply mind blowing as he tore through the front row; it seemed he was unstoppable.

In addition to this, I'd like to bring his defensive driving to note. Felipe, although he may not have finished on the podium, lead the race for a significant amount of time. Long enough for it to cross my mind that he could win. Some can rule off his incredible performance as a coincidence. Others may say it's because he's driving with a Mercedes power unit. Yes these things can play a part but nothing can replace skill and experience and that's what we saw from Felipe on Sunday."

----
Quotes belong to F1Insider78 and are available for use with permission - Please visit the contact page

No comments:

Post a Comment