Saturday, October 1, 2016

Malaysian GP: Driver Preview Quotes - Renault


DRIVER PREVIEW QUOTES - RENAULT SPORT FORMULA 1 TEAM

Kevin Magnussen - “It will again be a very hot and humid race weekend so it will be physically demanding just like it was in Singapore. I like Sepang Circuit and besides being a great venue, the track has some great high speed sections and the last section is especially one I like very much. Tyre management will be a key aspect in Sepang. My first race in Sepang was in 2014 but it didn’t leave me with any particular good memory but hopefully we can change that next weekend! Unfortunately on a race weekend there's not too much time available to explore and sample the local cuisine and I'll most likely be headed back to the hotel every evening. It's a long day at the track then you have to train, relax and ensure you get enough sleep to be at your best for the race. Sadly sometimes sampling the local culture has to wait until you're on holiday.”

Jolyon Palmer - “It’s hot and humid just like Singapore! It’s a nice place to visit and Sepang Circuit is modern. It’s nice and flowing with a couple of long straights, some fast corners and there are big braking zones. A strong finish was not possible on the streets of Singapore so I’m pumped up for this coming race and determined to gun for points.

I raced in Sepang twice when I was in GP2 but for various reasons at the time I didn’t have any memorable finishes, although one year I came up to ninth from the back of the grid. There’s some good overtaking opportunities at this circuit and hopefully this experience will be useful for me this year! I've been lucky enough to see a bit of (Kuala Lumpur in the past). We don’t always have time to see the places we visit much because we have busy schedules. Kuala Lumpur is a really nice city to explore and downtown you can visit the very modern areas with the big famous towers and then you have the more traditional areas and the markets. The city’s got a great vibe.”

----
Article Posted By: Amy Hawk
No copyright infringement intended
Quotes belong to Drivers 


No comments:

Post a Comment