Friday, November 11, 2016

Gutierrez Confirms Departure From Haas


GUTIERREZ PARTS WAYS WITH HAAS F1 TEAM

    As the driver market continues to fall into place for the 2017 season, another confirmation has been made with Esteban Gutierrez announcing that he will not be racing for American Team, Haas.

    The 25-Year-Old driver from Monterrey, Mexico, first entered Formula 1 in 2013 when he was chosen to be the replacement for Sergio Perez, who was entering his 3rd season with then-titled Vodafone McLaren-Mercedes. Gutierrez raced for 2 years at Sauber before he left the team and joined Ferrari in 2015 as their reserve/test driver. Gutierrez came back to racing this year when Haas signed him and Romain Grosjean.

    Gutierrez announced his departure via twitter with the following message: 

In English: "Dear friends, I want to share with you that I will no longer be with Haas F1 Team for next season. I want to thank all the team and staff, specially Gene Haas for his opportunity to work with them. I wish them all the best. There are two races left, which I intend to enjoy to the fullest and as always, I'll give my best. Special thanks to all my fans and supporters, you will always have a place in my heart. I hope to shortly share my plans for the future. Warm regards!"

En Espanol: "Queridos amigos, quiero compartirles que no seguire con Haas F1 Team para la proxima temporada. Quiero agradecer a todo el equipo, en especial a Gene Haas por esta oportunidad de trabajar con ellos. Les deseo mucho exito. Quedan dos carreras, en las cuales disfrutare cada momento y seguire luchando al maximo. Agradezco profundamente a todos los que me siguen y apoyan, todos ustedes siempre estan en mi corazon. Espero muy pronto poder compartirles mis planes para el futuro. Un fuerte abrazo!"

    Kevin Magnussen is the current favorite to take the now-vacant Haas seat but nothing has been confirmed yet.

----
Article Written By: Amy Hawk
No copyright infringement intended
Quote source: twitter.com/estebangtz
Follow us on Twitter @F1Insider78 & @Bethonie_Boost 

No comments:

Post a Comment