ABU DHABI GP - FREE PRACTICE #3 - RE-CAP & TIMES
The final practice session of 2017 saw Lewis Hamilton top the time-sheets with a 1:37.627. Team-mate, Bottas, was close behind with a 1:37.900. Raikkonen, Vettel and Daniel Ricciardo were also in the top 5.
Felipe Massa completed his last F1 practice session and ended in 11th with a 1:39.383. The Brazilian had decided to retire at the end of 2016 but came back to Williams when Bottas got the call to partner Hamilton at Mercedes. Now everyone is eagerly awaiting to find out who will partner teenager, Lance Stroll, at the team.
Yellow flags were brought out when an umbrella that was being used for the marshals, flew out onto the circuit. Drivers steered away from it until a marshal was able to run out and grab it swiftly. Over the years, everyone has seen a lot of odd/random objects making their way onto multiple circuits, but this was definitely a new one.
Another troublesome session for the newly signed 2018 Toro Rosso duo of Hartley and Gasly. Hartley placed last in the session with a 1:40.883 and was also reeling at the news of another grid penalty for multiple engine component changes. Team-mate, Gasly, managed to finished just 2 spaces ahead in 18th with a 1:40.737.
1. Lewis Hamilton - 1:37.627 / Mercedes-Mercedes / Great Britain
2. Valtteri Bottas - 1:37.900 / Mercedes-Mercedes / Finland
3. Kimi Raikkonen - 1:38.157 / Ferrari-Ferrari / Finland
4. Sebastian Vettel - 1:38.174 / Ferrari-Ferrari / Germany
5. Daniel Ricciardo - 1:38.340 / Red Bull-TAG-Heuer / Australia
6. Max Verstappen - 1:38.587 / Red Bull-TAG-Heuer / Netherlands
7. Fernando Alonso - 1:39.155 / McLaren-Honda / Spain
8. Stoffel Vandoorne - 1:39.277 / McLaren-Honda / Belgium
9. Carlos Sainz - 1:39.340 / Renault-Renault / Spain
10. Sergio Perez - 1:39.367 / Force India-Mercedes / Mexico
11. Felipe Massa - 1:39.383 / Williams-Mercedes / Brazil
12. Nico Hulkenberg - 1:39.396 / Renault-Renault / Germany
13. Esteban Ocon - 1:39.500 / Force India-Mercedes / France
14. Kevin Magnussen - 1:39.831 / Haas-Ferrari / Denmark
15. Romain Grosjean - 1:40.079 / Haas-Ferrari / France
16. Pascal Wehrlein - 1:40.307 / Sauber-Ferrari / Germany
17. Lance Stroll - 1:40.572 / Williams-Mercedes / Canada
18. Pierre Gasly - 1:40.737 / Toro Rosso-Renault / France
19. Marcus Ericsson - 1:40.789 / Sauber-Ferrari / Sweden
20. Brendon Hartley - 1:40.883 / Toro Rosso-Renault / New Zealand
Article Written By: Amy Hawk
No copyright infringement intended
Follow us on Twitter @F1Insider78 & @Bethonie_Boost