BRAZILIAN GP - FREE PRACTICE #2 - RE-CAP & TIMES
Lewis Hamilton topped the time-sheets again in the second practice session of the weekend. This time it was a 1:09.515. Team-mate, Bottas, was close behind again with a 1:09.563. Ricciardo, Vettel and Verstappen rounded up the top 5.
It was a better session for Toro Rosso after the duo suffered engine issues in FP1. Brendon Hartley, having just won another WEC title, finished in 17th with a 1:11.821. Gasly finished just ahead in 16th with a 1:11.422.
Marcus Ericsson suffered from a spin and ended up crashing lightly into the barriers, ending his session. Despite this, he had already set a time but it only placed him in 19th. Team-mate, Wehrlein finished one spot up in 18th with a 1:11.857.
Haas chose to run Antonio Giovinazzi in place of Kevin Magnussen. Giovinazzi was supposed to run in FP1 but ended up in the later session instead. Giovinazzi finished in 20th with a 1:12.417. Romain Grosjean, who complained of vibrations during the session, finished in 15th with a 1:11.300.
1. Lewis Hamilton - 1:09.515 / Mercedes-Mercedes / Great Britain
2. Valtteri Bottas - 1:09.563 / Mercedes-Mercedes / Finland
3. Daniel Ricciardo - 1:09.743 / Red Bull-TAG-Heuer / Australia
4. Sebastian Vettel - 1:09.875 / Ferrari-Ferrari / Germany
5. Max Verstappen - 1:09.886 / Red Bull-TAG-Heuer / Netherlands
6. Kimi Raikkonen - 1:10.117 / Ferrari-Ferrari / Finland
7. Esteban Ocon - 1:10.306 / Force India-Mercedes / France
8. Felipe Massa - 1:10.373 / Williams-Mercedes / Brazil
9. Nico Hulkenberg - 1:10.396 / Renault-Renault / Germany
10. Fernando Alonso - 1:10.655 / McLaren-Honda / Spain
11. Carlos Sainz - 1:10.685 / Renault-Renault / Spain
12. Sergio Perez - 1:10.695 / Force India-Mercedes / Mexico
13. Stoffel Vandoorne - 1:10.902 / McLaren-Honda / Belgium
14. Lance Stroll - 1:11.064 / Williams-Mercedes / Canada
15. Romain Grosjean - 1:11.300 / Haas-Ferrari / France
16. Pierre Gasly - 1:11.422 / Toro Rosso-Renault / France
17. Brendon Hartley - 1:11.821 / Toro Rosso-Renault / New Zealand
18. Pascal Wehrlein - 1:11.857 / Sauber-Ferrari / Germany
19. Marcus Ericsson - 1:11.989 / Sauber-Ferrari / Sweden
20. Antonio Giovinazzi - 1:12.417 / Haas-Ferrari / Italy*
* - Notes driving in FP#2 only.
Article Written By: Amy Hawk
No copyright infringement intended
Follow us on Twitter @F1Insider78 & @Bethonie_Boost