PRE-SEASON TEST #2 - DAY #2 - RE-CAP & TIMES
The second day of the final pre-season test ended with Ricciardo and both Mercedes drivers at the top of the time-sheets.
Daniel Ricciardo, who lapped up 165 laps, set the fastest time of the day: a 1:18.047.
Lewis Hamilton who drove in the AM was close behind with a 1:18.400. Team-mate, Bottas, who took over for the afternoon session, followed in third with a 1:18.560. Between the two, they racked up a total of 175 laps for the day.
Rookie, Charles Leclerc, got nearly that many laps by himself. The newly-signed Sauber driver did 160 laps over the course of the day before a small slide sent him off-track and ended his run.
Another driver having a great time with their car was Brendon Hartley, who finished in 5th with a 1:19.823 and gathered 119 laps for the Italian team.
Ferrari ended up having to recruit Vettel back to the car for the morning's running after Kimi Raikkonen reported feeling too ill to drive, suffering from was said to be food poisoning. However, Raikkonen recovered enough to track 49 laps later in the day. Vettel finished 4th fastest with a 1:19.541. Raikkonen was further down in 9th with a 1:20.242.
Fernando Alonso who took the wheel of the McLaren for day 2, ended up not getting a full day of running due to an oil leak. He sat on the sidelines while McLaren changed the engine in the car. He barely made it out before the end of the session and was able to get the 6th fastest time and rack up 57 laps.
Thursday and Friday will mark the final 2 days of pre-season testing.
1. Daniel Ricciardo - 1:18.047 / Red Bull Racing-TAG-Heuer / 165 Laps
2. Lewis Hamilton (AM) - 1:18.400 / Mercedes-Mercedes / 90 Laps
3. Valtteri Bottas (PM) - 1:18.560 / Mercedes-Mercedes / 85 Laps
4. Sebastian Vettel (AM) - 1:19.541 / Ferrari-Ferrari / 66 Laps
5. Brendon Hartley - 1:19.856 / Scuderia Toro Rosso-Honda / 119 Laps
6. Fernando Alonso - 1:19.856 / McLaren-Renault / 57 Laps
7. Carlos Sainz (AM) - 1:20.042 / Renault-Renault / 88 Laps
8. Romain Grosjean - 1:20.237 / Haas-Ferrari / 78 Laps
9. Kimi Raikkonen (PM) - 1:20.242 / Ferrari-Ferrari / 49 Laps
10. Lance Stroll (AM) - 1:20.349 / Williams-Mercedes / 63 Laps
11. Nico Hulkenberg (PM) - 1:20.758 / Renault-Renault / 102 Laps
12. Esteban Ocon - 1:20.805 / Force India-Mercedes / 130 Laps
13. Charles Leclerc - 1:20.919 / Sauber-Ferrari / 160 Laps
14. Sergey Sirotkin (PM) - 1:22.350 / Williams-Mercedes / 80 Laps
Article Written By: Amy Hawk
No copyright infringement intended
Follow us on Twitter @F1Insider78 & @bethonieboost