PRE-SEASON TEST #2 - DAY #3 - RE-CAP & TIMES
The third day of testing saw Sebastian Vettel climb to the top of the time-sheets with an impressive 1:17.182 and also a total of 188 laps.
The top three all completed over 100 laps. Second fastest, Kevin Magnussen, in the Haas, completed 153 while Pierre Gasly, entering his first full year of Formula 1 with Toro Rosso, did a total of 169 laps.
Stoffel Vandoorne finished just outside the top 5 for McLaren with a 1:18.855 and gathered a total of 151 laps.
The two Mercedes drivers were also not in the top 5 this time around. Lewis Hamilton, who drove in the afternoon portion of the day, finished in 8th with a 1:19.296, just ahead of his team-mate. Bottas, who drove in the morning was close behind in 9th with a 1:19.532.
Renault saw both drivers finish higher up in the times than Mercedes. Sainz and Hulkenberg, who were also splitting driving duties for the day, finished in the top 5. Hulkenberg did a total of 79 laps and completed a fastest time of 1:18.675 while Sainz did a 1:18.725 and racked up 69 laps for the team.
Friday is the last day of Pre-Season testing ahead of the season opener in Melbourne, Australia.
1. Sebastian Vettel - 1:17.182 / Ferrari-Ferrari / 188 Laps
2. Kevin Magnussen - 1:18.360 / Haas-Ferrari / 153 Laps
3. Pierre Gasly - 1:18.363 / Scuderia Toro Rosso-Honda / 169 Laps
4. Nico Hulkenberg (AM) - 1:18.675 / Renault-Renault / 79 Laps
5. Carlos Sainz (PM) - 1:18.725 / Renault-Renault / 69 Laps
6. Stoffel Vandoorne - 1:18.855 / McLaren-Renault / 151 Laps
7. Marcus Ericsson - 1:19.244 / Sauber-Ferrari / 148 Laps
8. Lewis Hamilton (PM) - 1:19.296 / Mercedes-Mercedes / 84 Laps
9. Valtteri Bottas (AM) - 1:19.532 / Mercedes-Mercedes / 97 Laps
10. Robert Kubica (AM) - 1:19.629 / Williams-Mercedes / 73 Laps
11. Sergio Perez - 1:19.634 / Force India-Mercedes / 159 Laps
12. Max Verstappen - 1:19.842 / Red Bull Racing-TAG-Heuer / 187 Laps
13. Lance Stroll (PM) - 1:20.262 / Williams-Mercedes / 67 Laps
Article Written By: Amy Hawk
No copyright infringement intended
Follow us on Twitter @F1Insider78 & @bethonieboost