Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Feature: Spanish GP - Our Post-Race Quotes



Amy Hawk (Lead Writer & Editor) - "Another great race. I hate how fast the season seems to go by. We're already on to Monaco, which a lot of people know is my favorite race on the Calendar and has been ever since I started watching Formula 1. But, yes, Spain was so good. Great race, great weather. It was really nice to see a clean first lap.. Everyone really had a chance to get out there and fight for points for the most part. Huge congratulations to Nico Rosberg on his first win of the season and also to Hamilton and Sebastian for their podium finishes. Well deserved.

It was really unfortunate that McLaren had to retire Alonso's car as it is his home race and I was really rooting for him and the team to bring home some points this time around. There's no doubt they're improving.. But it will take some time before they're near the top 10.

There was a great turn out from the fans. The stands were absolutely packed and I noticed a huge amount of Swedish flags for Ericsson, which is great. It's always cool to see all the flags. With Monaco being next.. It's quite a huge difference for the teams as far as adjustment goes. I mean, you're going from a track that's open and quite wide with smooth turns to a closed-in street circuit with very narrow corners. It's going to be very interesting to see how everyone does. I can't wait. Cheers!"


Frances Fry (Assistant Writer) - "Barcelona always has, and always will be a legendary racetrack. It's not secret how difficult it is to overtake on this risky series of bends. I think that's why the race this weekend was so incredible. Overtakes seemed to be happening here, there and everywhere. In fact, until the cars crossed the line I wasn't willing to say who I thought would win.

I don't know what has changed this year in Formula 1 but there seems to be an extra shot of adrenaline. Maybe it's all the new talent or the mix up with Ferrari's improvement. All I know is there's a significant amount of uncertainty to every race. The race is not only between the driver and his fellow pilots, but also with himself. When the driver takes his seat he readies himself to be bigger and better than last time. So far, I think it's pretty fair to say that there's been a rocket of excitement.

I've always heard fantastic stories from people who have attended the Spanish GP and after this weekend, there stories have been proven. It's officially on my "to attend" list and I cannot wait to cross it off! Being the race prior to Monaco, there's quite an impression for this race to make. Once again, Spain didn't fail."

----
Quotes belong to F1Insider78 & Are available for use with permission
Please visit the contact page.

No comments:

Post a Comment