Thursday, April 6, 2017

Chinese GP: Driver Preview Quotes - Toro Rosso


DRIVER PREVIEW QUOTES - SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO F1 TEAM

Daniil Kvyat - “It was a very nice feeling to stand on the podium in China last year, I have very good memories of that moment, it was cool! This was the second podium of my career, after achieving my first one in Hungary 2015 - definitely two big highlights!

    I have to say it's a track I really enjoy driving at - it has very unusual and unique corners like Turns 1 and 2, where you can take many different lines; then it also has long straights where you can have good battles and take advantage of the many overtaking opportunities; and the fans are also very passionate there, which is good. I always receive a lot of support from them, which is nice! The strangest present a Chinese fan has ever given me is a panda teddy bear with a picture of myself on it – also for my trainer Pyry! We look quite weird on it, but it's always a good laugh!

    I've never got too close to any type of Chinese food, if I'm honest. When I visit the country I still prefer to stick to the food I know and not experiment much. I've walked around Shanghai quite a few times with my trainer. We have a few favourite places to eat over there - it's European food though, I'm quite traditional in this aspect, but it's very nice and we always try and go every year.”

Carlos Sainz - “I love Peking duck, it's actually one of my favourite dishes when I travel to Asia, especially China. Of course I always miss the Spanish or Italian cuisine, but I don't complain when there's Peking duck on the menu! I have very good memories of the driver's dinner we organised in Shanghai last year - all 22 of us got together in the city centre and it gave me the opportunity to do some sight-seeing… It's the only time I've been able to be a bit of a tourist over there.

    The only word I can say in Chinese or, better said, the only word I always remember every year is 'Ni hao'. It's a useful one to know, as I can say hello to everyone - I'm a very friendly person!

    I have to say that the paddock in China is the biggest one I've ever seen, enormous! Before a session starts, I usually give myself about a minute of time to go from my room to the garage, but here in Shanghai it's a minimum of three minutes because the distances are so big! This means I need to change all my routine and schedule for China!”

----
Article Posted By: Amy Hawk
No copyright infringement intended - Quotes belong to Drivers
Follow us on Twitter @F1Insider78 & @Bethonie_Boost 

No comments:

Post a Comment