Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Russian GP: Driver Preview Quotes - Haas


DRIVER PREVIEW QUOTES - HAAS F1 TEAM

Romain Grosjean - “It was good to score points in Bahrain. Clearly, we deserved them - since race one, actually. I think the most encouraging fact for now is that the car is performing well everywhere we’ve been. So now we go to Russia, which was a bit of a tough one for us last year. We’ll see if we’ve made progress and if the car is working well at every type of circuit. If so, then pretty much everywhere we could score points. I think clearly we’ve got a good baseline, so we’re going to keep working on that and keep trying to improve the car and see what we get in Sochi.

    I do quite like the fast Turn 3. It’s a very high-speed corner, flat out, then just going into Turn 4, coming out of the corner, then braking straight away for Turn 4. I think the corners flow into each other quite nicely. It’s a good track to drive.

    There’s a very long straight line to start, followed by big braking into a right-hand side corner, taken in third or fourth gear. Then you have the famous Turn 3, which is flat out in qualifying. Then you go into Turn 4 - you can carry quite good speed into it. The next few corners are very similar. They flow nicely and you enjoy some good speed in the car. Then you go on the back straight, again with very tricky braking. Then the last section of the track is much slower, in particular the last two corners. The pit entry is also a bit tricky. The finish line is straight at the last corner, so depending if you’re on a qualifying lap or a racing lap, each one is different.”

Kevin Magnussen - “I think it’s a good track and I’ve had some good races there. Hopefully, I can have another good one there this year. I know last year I had a good first lap. Quite a few people messed up and lost things like front wings and so on. I made up lots of positions with that. I then had a really good race after that to finish seventh. I like Turns 6, 7 and 8 as they’re high speed. Turn 3 is a bit hard for your neck, it goes on and on. It can be a little bit tiring on your neck.”

----
Article Posted By: Amy Hawk
No copyright infringement intended - Quotes belong to Drivers 
Follow us on Twitter @F1Insider78 & @Bethonie_Boost 

No comments:

Post a Comment