Qualifying was a slight bit different this weekend due to the absence of Caterham and Marussia.
So, the rules were changed and instead of the usual 6 cars out in Q1 and Q2, it was just 4 cars out in the respective rounds. In Q3 however, it was the usual 10 battling it out for the final 10 positions, including Pole Position.
For more details on how qualifying works, check out one of our previous qualifying re-caps.
Sebastian Vettel will be starting from pit-lane due to a complete engine change. Kvyat has a 10-Place-Grid-Penalty due to replacing his engine as well and Button has a 5-Place-Grid-Penalty for a gearbox change.
Here is how the grid lines up for tomorrow's Grand Prix after the penalties.
1. Nico Rosberg / Mercedes-Mercedes / Germany
2. Lewis Hamilton / Mercedes-Mercedes / Great Britain
3. Valtteri Bottas / Williams-Mercedes / Finland
4. Felipe Massa / Williams-Mercedes / Brazil
5. Daniel Ricciardo / Red Bull-Renault / Australia
6. Fernando Alonso / Ferrari-Ferrari / Spain
7. Kevin Magnussen / McLaren-Mercedes / Denmark
8. Kimi Raikkonen / Ferrari-Ferrari / Finland
9. Adrian Sutil / Sauber-Ferrari / Germany
10. Pastor Maldonado / Lotus-Renault / Venezuela
11. Sergio Perez / Force India-Mercedes / Mexico
12. Jenson Button* / McLaren-Mercedes / Great Britain
13. Nico Hulkenberg / Force India-Mercedes / Germany
14. Jean-Eric Vergne / Toro Rosso-Renault / France
15. Esteban Gutierrez / Sauber-Ferrari / Mexico
16. Romain Grosjean / Lotus-Renault / France
17. Daniil Kvyat* / Toro Rosso-Renault / Russia
Pit Lane - Sebastian Vettel* / Red Bull-Renault / Germany
* = Driver is serving a penalty.
Follow us on Twitter for everything US GP throughout the entire weekend @F1Insider78
Article Written By: Amy Hawk
No copyright infringement intended