Monday, April 27, 2015

Feature: Bahrain GP - Our Post-Race Quotes




Frances Fry (Assistant writer) - "Bahrain! Oh my goodness! If there could only be one race track in the season I would choose Bahrain! What a fantastic successor to last years race in Sakhir. I'm sure we all remember the incredible duel between Rosberg and Hamilton last year, and even Gutierrez and Maldonado's accident. This year did not disappoint. It was almost impossible to predict which three drivers would end up on the podium and in which order. For the first half of the race it seemed almost certain that the podium would be made up of Ferrari and Mercedes but out of nowhere, here comes Bottas! Like a Phoenix from the flames, Bottas battled Vettel till the very end.

Anything can happen in the desert. Including retirements as I was shocked at the disappointing DNS for Button and the DNFs for the Toro Rosso drivers. I was looking forward to seeing how they do. From what I saw they were handling the track with great success. I must say, I cannot wait for Bahrain next year. I suppose we'd better start counting down the days!"

Amy Hawk (Lead writer & Editor) - "What a race! I've always been a huge fan of the desert circuits including Bahrain & Abu Dhabi, just as I am also a huge fan of the street circuits like Monaco & Singapore. The Sakhir circuit just has this great vibe and every turn just brings so much intensity. And of course, who did't enjoy seeing the old fashioned F1 sparks?

Huge congratulations goes to Hamilton, Raikkonen & Rosberg for their podium finishes. Hamilton continues to gather up those points and lead the Championship, but it's most certainly a close battle. It was definitely not the way I wanted to see the race end for Toro Rosso. No one wants to a see a team have a double DNF. It was very unfortunate, but I know they'll be all ready and geared up for Spain.

Great job from Sergio Perez to finish 8th and get Force India back to scoring points. Every point matters and things are going to be much better for them once they are able to get their B car & the upgrades in Austria. It's nearing Summer and it's time for the majority of the European races, which are always fun to watch. I'm looking forward to the race in Barcelona, and I know it will be a great one. Cheers!"

----
Quotes belong to F1Insider78 & Are available for use with permission.
Please visit the contact page.

No comments:

Post a Comment