Saturday, July 21, 2018

Bottas Confirmed At Mercedes


BOTTAS CONFIRMED AT MERCEDES FOR 2019

    Valtteri Bottas will continue with Mercedes for a third season after signing a one-year contract extension, with an option for a further year.

    The announcement comes just a day after the team confirmed Lewis Hamilton will remain at the squad until 2020.

    Bottas joined Mercedes in 2017 after reigning champion Nico Rosberg retired. Since then, the Finn has taken three victories, including his first F1 win in Russia last season.

    “It is great news that I will be racing for Mercedes in 2019 and it is nice to announce it here in Hockenheim – not just the home race for Mercedes but also the circuit where I took my first ever single-seater wins back in 2007,” he said.

    “This year, with a full winter of preparation, I have been able to make a good step forward – and I believe that there is still more to come. We have not been lucky in the races this year but the team knows how I am performing, and this is a great sign of confidence in me and my driving.

    I enjoy working with the team, and also being team-mates with Lewis. We have a good relationship, honest and straightforward, and always aiming to get the right results for Mercedes.”

    Bottas currently lies fifth in the drivers’ championship, with four second place finishes so far this season.

----
Article Written By: Bethonie Waring
No copyright infringement intended
Follow us on Twitter @bethonieboost & @F1Insider78 

No comments:

Post a Comment