HUNGARIAN GP - FREE PRACTICE #1 - RE-CAP & TIMES
Ricciardo was just ahead of Vettel in the Ferrari, who had a quickest time of 1:17.692. Verstappen came third while Raikkonen and Hamilton completed the top 5.
Hamilton's team-mate, Bottas, was just outside of the top 5 in 6th with a 1:18.470.
Both Renault and Haas drivers were the last 4 in the top 10. Grosjean in 7th while Magnussen finished in 10th with a 1:19.187. Hulkenberg and Sainz were 8th and 9th respectively.
Hulkenberg experienced mechanical issues during the session and his car stopped on track. It was then taken to the garage, where the team gloved up to prevent being electrocuted in case it was an ERS issue.
Finishing last was Sauber driver Marcus Ericsson, who set a 1:20.697. Team-mate, Charles Leclerc sat out the session while Antonio Giovinazzi had a turn in his car. He finished in 18th, just ahead of Sergey Sirotkin.
1. Daniel Ricciardo - 1:17.613 / Red Bull Racing-TAG-Heuer / Australia
2. Sebastian Vettel - 1:17.692 / Ferrari-Ferrari / Germany
3. Max Verstappen - 1:17.701 / Red Bull Racing-TAG-Heuer / Netherlands
4. Kimi Raikkonen - 1:17.948 / Ferrari-Ferrari / Finland
5. Lewis Hamilton - 1:18.036 / Mercedes-Mercedes / Great Britain
6. Valtteri Bottas - 1:18.470 / Mercedes-Mercedes / Finland
7. Romain Grosjean - 1:18.975 / Haas-Ferrari / France
8. Nico Hulkenberg - 1:19.025 / Renault-Renault / Germany
9. Carlos Sainz - 1:19.128 / Renault-Renault / Spain
10. Kevin Magnussen - 1:19.187 / Haas-Ferrari / Denmark
11. Pierre Gasly - 1:19.352 / Scuderia Toro Rosso-Honda / France
12. Fernando Alonso - 1:19.690 / McLaren-Renault / Spain
13. Brendon Hartley - 1:19.841 / Scuderia Toro Rosso-Honda / New Zealand
14. Lance Stroll - 1:20.012 / Williams-Mercedes / Canada
15. Esteban Ocon - 1:20.065 / Force India-Mercedes / France
16. Stoffel Vandoorne - 1:20.151 / McLaren-Renault / Belgium
17. Sergio Perez - 1:20.159 / Force India-Mercedes / Mexico
18. Antonio Giovinazzi - 1:20.293 / Sauber-Ferrari / Italy*
19. Sergey Sirotkin - 1:20.307 / Williams-Mercedes / Russia
20. Marcus Ericsson - 1:20.697 / Sauber-Ferrari / Sweden
* - Notes participating in FP1 only
Article Written By: Amy Hawk
No copyright infringement intended
Follow us on Twitter @F1Insider78 & @bethonieboost