Thursday, July 26, 2018

Hungarian GP: Driver Preview Quotes - McLaren


DRIVER PREVIEW QUOTES - McLAREN F1 TEAM

Fernando Alonso - “The Hungaroring is a great track and an enjoyable place to finish the first half of the season before the summer break. I expect a lot of fun there, as it’s always a nice event. I love the fans in Budapest because they’re very passionate about the race. They’re at the airport, the hotel, the circuit, even on the highway going to the track with their flags, so it’s always a nice weekend to experience and enjoy.

    The track itself is a good one. It’s a like a big go-kart circuit for Formula 1 so there’s no time to breathe – especially in the second sector where there are a lot of corners. It’s normally a good weekend, and I’m looking forward to being in Budapest and enjoying every minute there. It’s a really cool city. 

Stoffel Vandoorne - “I really like driving at the Hungaroring. It’s a great track that’s fun to drive and the configuration is a lot of short, quick bursts of speed separated by slower corners and just one straight, so it’s got a mix of a lot of different elements. I know the track well and I’ve won there in GP2 so I’m looking forward to hopefully a more positive weekend than we’ve had recently.

    I hope we can continue to make a step forward in Hungary, especially with the summer break just around the corner. I’ve really struggled with my car over the past couple of races and I know the team is working hard to understand why so we can start attacking the weekends again. The Hungarian Grand Prix is always a big challenge given the heat and the unforgiving nature of the track so the aim for us is to keep our heads down, keep pushing hard and hopefully we can make some progress.”

----
Article Posted By: Amy Hawk
No copyright infringement intended - Quotes belong to Drivers
Follow us on Twitter @F1Insider78 & @bethonieboost 

No comments:

Post a Comment