Free Practice 3 - Re-Cap & Results
Let's just go over the last Practice session real quick before we move on to the excitement that was Qualifying!
In this session we saw a variety of problems. Magnussen lost control of his McLaren and it was unsure at the time if it was a puncture or a suspension failure. Either way, he got the car under control and managed to stop it safely. Session got Red Flagged so Marshals could roll the McLaren off the circuit. It was later announced to be a gearbox issue, so the team changed it. He now has a 5-place-grid-penalty.
Maldonado didn't get a chance to participate in this session due to needing a battery change. He carries over the rest of his penalty from Suzuka. Chilton was out of the session early due to a driveshaft problem.
It was another Mercedes 1-2, but they weren't the only team who had a good session. Williams looked very good with Bottas P3 and Massa P5. Also much praise for Daniil Kvyat who finished P6 and is looking to have a very good first home Grand Prix.
Here are the times from the session.
1. Lewis Hamilton - 1:38.726 / Mercedes-Mercedes
2. Nico Rosberg - 1:39.016 / Mercedes-Mercedes
3. Valtteri Bottas - 1:39.097 / Williams-Mercedes
4. Daniel Ricciardo - 1:39.755 / Red Bull-Renault
5. Felipe Massa - 1:39.954 / Williams-Mercedes
6. Daniil Kvyat - 1:40.009 / Toro Rosso-Renault
7. Kimi Raikkonen - 1:40.011 / Ferrari-Ferrari
8. Fernando Alonso - 1:40.151 / Ferrari-Ferrari
9. Jean-Eric Vergne - 1:40.205 / Toro Rosso-Renault
10. Sebastian Vettel - 1:40.338 / Red Bull-Renault
11. Jenson Button - 1:40.355 / McLaren-Mercedes
12. Nico Hulkenberg - 1:40.669 / Force India-Mercedes
13. Sergio Perez - 1:40.699 / Force India-Mercedes
14. Adrian Sutil - 1:41.146 / Sauber-Ferrari
15. Esteban Gutierrez - 1:41.520 / Sauber-Ferrari
16. Romain Grosjean - 1:41.915 / Lotus-Renault
17. Kevin Magnussen - 1:42.436 / McLaren-Mercedes
18. Marcus Ericsson - 1:43.109 / Caterham-Renault
19. Kamui Kobayashi - 1:43.975 / Caterham-Renault
20. Max Chilton - 1:44.737 / Marussia-Ferrari
21. Pastor Maldonado / No Time Set / Lotus-Renault
Follow us on Twitter @F1Insider78 for updates throughout the race and of course everything pre-race!
Article Written By: Amy Hawk.
No copyright infringement intended