Thursday, September 17, 2015

Manor signs Alexander Rossi for 5 Races

   
    As of the Singapore GP weekend, American GP2 driver, Alexander Rossi, will be replacing Roberto Merhi at Manor Marussia. However, it will only be for 5 of the 7 remaining races. Rossi will drive with the number 53.

    Rossi said earlier, "I'm very thankful to race for the Manor Marussia F1 team and for their continued belief in me. I've been prepared for this opportunity for quite a while now. Many will know from 2014 that the team and I already have a strong relationship and there's a bit of unfinished business for me here."

    Rossi will become the first American racing driver to race in F1 since 2007 when Scott Speed drove for Toro Rosso. Rossi will race in Singapore, Japan, USA, Mexico and Brazil. It is said that Merhi will be racing in both Russia and the finale in Abu Dhabi later this year.

----
Article Written By: Amy Hawk
No copyright infringement intended

No comments:

Post a Comment