Thursday, October 29, 2015

Mexican GP: Driver Preview Quotes - Mercedes


Preview Quotes - Mercedes


Lewis Hamilton - “Sunday in Austin is all a bit of a blur. The race was so, so crazy and it wasn't until a few moments after I crossed the line that I realised that I'd done it! To be honest, it still hasn't quite settled in. To match Ayrton in winning three titles was always a big ambition of mine and it just doesn't feel real. I can't express how grateful I am to everyone who made it possible - from my family to the team at the track and everyone back at the factories. I couldn't have done this without each and every one of them. Now, I'm even more pumped to get to Mexico. For many of us in the paddock - including the drivers - it's a new Grand Prix venue, and experiencing a new city and a new track is always exciting. Formula One has been racing in South America at the Brazilian Grand Prix throughout my career and the atmosphere there is just insane - plus we see thousands of Mexican fans every year in Austin. If they're anything to go by the crowds will be fantastic, so I'm really looking forward to seeing them all out there making plenty of noise. I can attack the final three races now with nothing to prove and nothing to lose, so the aim is absolutely to put my name down as the first Mexican Grand Prix winner of the modern era. After the Ushanka style hats we had on the podium in Russia and the Stetsons in America, I'm definitely hoping for a massive sombrero if I make it onto the podium!”

Nico Rosberg - “The Championship fight is over for me this year but I have three races left to make a big push, end this tough season on a high and make up for the disappointment of the past few races. My first chance is in Mexico and I'm sure everyone is really looking forward to the weekend. I love discovering new places and this one will definitely be a really interesting venue. If the Mexican fans we see in Austin are anything to go by, the atmosphere will be incredible! My father raced there once back in the 80's so maybe he can give me a few tips... although the circuit is very different now and so are the cars, so maybe that's not the best reference point! Data will be very important in Mexico, of course, as it's a track none of the current grid have driven before. Some of the more experienced engineers might know it - but the circuit and the cars will have changed so much since the sport last went there that it's basically like starting from zero. That's a big challenge and I'm looking forward to it. I've driven the circuit in the simulator to be as prepared as I can be, so let's see what we can do.”

----
Article Posted By: Amy Hawk
No copyright infringement intended
Quotes belong to Drivers 

No comments:

Post a Comment