Tuesday, October 20, 2015

United States GP: Driver Preview Quotes - Red Bull


Preview Quotes - Red Bull


Daniel Ricciardo - “I love Austin. Great track, great city, great food, great fans, great people in general, great hotel. Basically... great. For a modern-day circuit with lots of runoff, they’ve done the best job possible. They’ve created a track that’s safe but managed to ensure it’s still fun. It’s probably the best overtaking circuit on the calendar.

I love live music and I love bars and I particularly love live music in bars - and as that’s what Austin’s all about, it’s the sort of culture I can really appreciate. I’ll also enjoy some beef. Definitely the city to visit if you like ribs or brisket. Amazing stuff.
We stay out in a hotel on a ranch - which is pretty awesome. There’s a river, a golf course, and yes, the occasional snake. The snakes are OK though. They’re pretty cool. They’re not like Aussie snakes.”

Daniil Kvyat - “I made my F1 debut there and that was a big moment in my career. The race last year was I would say unlucky in that we had really good pace but I had to pit for a vibration with the tyre after overtaking Kimi, but yes, I have very positive memories of the circuit.

I really like racing at COTA; the track is really good. It has a lot of high-speed corners, heavy braking, long straights, a bit of everything really, so it’s great for racing, very enjoyable. Sector One is exciting. There are a lot of high-speed changes of direction. It’s kind of like Maggots-Becketts at Silverstone and it feels great through there in an F1 car. The circuit also has a lot of changes of elevation, which is something I think every driver appreciates. It’s a good track. (The city), I like it there. It’s a really good atmosphere. Great food. America does feel different to race in. It’s got its own style, which I like. It’s Texas, it’s cowboy country and it’s good fun.”

----
Article Posted By: Amy Hawk
No copyright infringement intended
Quotes belong to Drivers

No comments:

Post a Comment