Thursday, June 18, 2015

Austrian GP: Driver Preview Quotes - Mercedes


Preview Quotes - Mercedes


Lewis Hamilton - “It was a great feeling to finally get back on top in Canada and add to the great memories I have there. Now, though, it's time to move on and put things right at a circuit I had a tough introduction to last year - Austria. Although I struggled in qualifying, starting down in ninth, it was actually a great race fighting back through the field. I think I was about fourth or fifth by the end of the first lap and then just kept chipping away to claw my way back to the podium, which was really good fun. Of course, I'll be working hard to have a clearer shot at the win on Sunday. Whatever happens, though, you can be sure the atmosphere will be incredible. Last year the grandstands were absolutely packed and the fans were just insane, so I'm looking forward to putting on a show for them.”

Nico Rosberg - “Canada was really lost for me on the Saturday. Not getting everything together in qualifying hurt my chances big time - but I had the pace and that's a big positive to take forward and go maximum attack in Austria. My first race at this track last year couldn't have been much better. Of course, we didn't have the ideal start in qualifying - but we nailed it on Sunday and it was great to get the win. I'm sure we'll have some tough competition here once again with Williams and probably some others too. But it's a circuit I really enjoy driving and the crowds are unbelievable, so I'm looking forward to getting back out there and having a good battle. Of course, it's a home race for Niki and Toto, too, so we'll need to be on our best form for this one!”

-----
Article Posted By: Amy Hawk
No copyright infringement intended
Quotes belong to Drivers

No comments:

Post a Comment