Monday, June 29, 2015

British GP: Driver Preview Quotes - Lotus


Preview Quotes - Lotus


Romain Grosjean - "It's a fantastic track with a lot of high speed corners. I won there in the GP2 Series in 2011, so I have to say it has fond memories for me. I scored points there in my F1 debut but then for the last couple of years my British Grand Prix hasn't been so good in terms of results. This means I must be due a good result and we'll be doing everything we can to ensure a good finish in the points! Silverstone is challenging, but it has a really good feeling to it. It's one of the quickest tracks of the year and as drivers we always like to go fast! There are corners which are legendary like the Magotts, Becketts, Chapel complex. It's quite a feeling going through there and I can't wait to feel that sensation once more. The whole layout has a really good, fast flow to it and you can really feel your car working hard with the down force through the fast flowing corners. It's a happy place to be. It's also a special Grand Prix for the team as the factory is very close to the track. It's always nice to see not only the race team, but also some of the many people from the factory come to see us out in action. It's thanks to all their hard work that we're out on track and they are all doing an amazing job, always working so hard. It really does have a feeling of a home event.

Over the years there's been quite a bit of wet weather for the British Grand Prix, and this was not so much of a surprise to the Englishmen I've spoken to! I have lived quite near to the track so my experience of regularly visiting Enstone means that I know the weather can change quite a lot. An English summer's day is wonderful, but sometimes you have to look hard to find one! That said, it's looked pretty good so far this year and there is even talk of something of a heatwave coming to Britain. It's fantastic to be at Silverstone when the weather is good and the fans are all out so let's hope that happens."

Pastor Maldonado - "I think that Silverstone is an amazing track. It has a great history, it's fast and the change to the most recent layout hasn't really changed the nature of the track too much. It's always a special place to visit and you know that you're always there for the racing as it's not on the doorstep of a big city. I have always enjoyed racing at Silverstone since my first visit back in 2007. I also have good memories of it as I have had some great races there, including winning in both 2009 and 2010 in the GP2 Series.

I've spent so much time in England that it's like a second home to me, especially as I have family who live very close to the circuit in Oxfordshire. It's a great event coming mid-season and it always provides an interesting race. It's always a very special event for the teams based nearby and the support all drivers get there is amazing with some of the most knowledgeable fans in the world. I'm looking forward to racing just down the road from the Lotus F1 Team factory and seeing many familiar faces over the weekend."

----
Article Posted By: Amy Hawk
No copyright infringement intended
Quotes belong to Drivers

No comments:

Post a Comment