Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Feature: Austrian GP - Our Post-Race Quotes


Frances Fry (Assistant Writer) - "When I woke up on Sunday morning, I was not prepared to watch the race that I saw. Austria has indeed done it again, and provided us all with a show stopping race. I'm just glad everyone is safe and well at the end of it.

I must sound like a broken record but this season, each race that goes by elevates in excitement and adrenaline. Although the rain that was thought to make an appearance never did, I think it's fair to say there were enough surprises, especially with Fernando and Kimi's accident. I think Silverstone has quite an act to follow but, because it's my home GP, I have no doubt that we can put on a show. Before, we get all too excited for the British GP and the sports incredible history here I think we need to recognise what Austria has proven. Yes, F1 may be an ever evolving Motorsport, but the classic tracks always bring out the best of us all. Drivers, teams and fans alike."

Amy Hawk (Lead Writer & Editor) - "What a race. The most important thing is that Kimi (Raikkonen) and Fernando (Alonso) are both okay. That was quite an accident and it was so relieving that both of them were able to walk away unharmed. Congratulations to Rosberg on his win and to Hamilton & Massa for their podium finish.

I really enjoyed watching the healthy wheel-to-wheel battles between drivers. One battle in particular was amazing and that was the one between Valtteri Bottas and Nico Hulkenberg. Every moment of it was intense yet exciting and fun to watch. There were no illegal moves or bad passes. It was good, clean racing and we need to see more of that for sure.

The British GP is next and I really love Silverstone. I'm a huge fan of the circuit and I know it will produce a great race as it always does. Cheers!"

----
Quotes belong to F1Insider78 and are available for use with permission - Please visit the contact page.

No comments:

Post a Comment