Thursday, June 11, 2015

Feature: Star Drivers Of The Canadian GP


Frances Fry (Assistant Writer) - "This is one really hard decision. So many drivers showed some incredible skills this weekend, especially when it came to overtaking. However, I think the driver that has earned this title for me has to be Romain Grosjean. The Frenchman has had a very difficult couple of seasons and it's been fantastic to see him come back fighting. When Grosjean battled his way through qualifying, I must say I was incredibly impressed, especially to see him with such confidence, pushing forward. He said he was hoping for a top 6 on the grid, in fact, he did achieve this. He actually managed to get the Lotus to fifth with his teammate just behind. Maybe Lotus are on their way back to the top?

In addition to Romain's incredible performance in qualifying, he managed to hold onto a points position, finishing in tenth place. Some of you may not think this is a fantastic performance but I cannot refuse a driver who has performed so flawlessly throughout the weekend, their well deserved glory. Romain Grosjean is an incredible driver who battled with top teams on a narrow track to achieve tenth place. If that's not worthy of praise, I don't know what is. Congratulations Romain, you've wowed me once again!"

Amy Hawk (Lead Writer & Editor) - "My driver of the weekend is once again Valtteri Bottas. Last time I talked about his driving I was saying how close he was to getting back to the podium and he did it. He brought Williams another podium finish and it was quite the drive. I have no doubts he'll have a good chance at getting with one of the top teams in the next year or so.

I think Bottas came into the sport as quite the underdog and he's really impressed. If you're not already a fan, you should definitely keep an eye out. He's got Champion potential."

----
Quotes belong to F1Insider78 & Are available for use with permission
Please visit the contact page.

No comments:

Post a Comment